Looking for information on running ssisUnit in 32 bit mode

Jul 16, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I have a number of packages that read Excel files that I am attempting to create automated tests for. I keep running into the problem of running the package in 64-bit mode. I've set everything in BIDS to have the Run64BitRuntime = False but that does not seem to solve the issue.

Has anyone come across a solution for this? I was thinking maybe something for the ssisUnitTestRunnerUI2008.exe.config file. Or maybe setting it to 32-bit mode with CorFlag.

Any thoughts?

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Edited Oct 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I ran into exact the same issue, and because this project seems to be no longer alive, I decided to grab the source code to compile it for x86.

The setting to run the package not in 64-bit mode, is a Visual Studio "dtproj.user" setting which isn't stored in the package. The tool doesn't check if it has to run in 32-bit so it runs in 64-bit mode which is most of the time ok. (32-bit is also an individual setting in SQL jobs to start the package)

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM
The project's only mostly dead :)

I'm actually working on some updates, but real life has been incredibly busy the last couple of years, so this had to be on the back burner.

Anyway, in the next release, I'll include both 32- and 64-bit versions of the command line tool so you can do this a bit more easily.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.