this is down to my lack of understanding w.r.t. SSIS ...
- I had package configuration enabled, but with no actual configurations added
- on the test server I used DTExec with the /CONFIGFILE to set the various value
- originally I did have a local config, but when I ran DTExec I got a warning message that it couldn't be found ... I'd not copied over to the test server as it was only valid for my machine
- so I removed it which gave me an error and warning free run on the test box, but I had to set ProtectionLevel
Am I right in thinking I could have a local config plus ProtectionLevel set to DontSaveSensitive and SSISUnit would use this ?
- but then I get the warning messages in Test (and later Live) when the local config isn't there
As to your second question, pretty much what you said, some mechanism where you can set the config file to use, either at the Test Suite level, or per test