This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to test only a part of DataFlow task !

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Is it possible to test only a part of a DataFlow task ! Explaination ! I want to be able to test transformation one by one. For example if my package contain sort, conditionnal split etc I would like to test just the sort and write another unit test to test the conditional split ! Did you work on something like this ? Did you have any plan to do that ?

Thanks your work are great !! Continue !!!

Dominic Danis
www.greenpeppersoftware.com !

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2009 at 1:38 AM
Edited Jan 24, 2009 at 1:38 AM
Unfortunately, I haven't added functionality for testing individual components of a data flow yet. Due to the architecture of the data flow, it's a little difficult. I agree that it would be great functionality, and I have some thoughts about how to accomplish it, so maybe in a future release.

Thanks,
John
Jan 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM
I have written an application which is completely based on SSIS. I would like to write unit tests and plan automate unit testing. I have all my transformation under the "Data Flow Tasks". The source for these transformations are "csv" files and these transformation cleans the records such as changing the date format (YYYYMMDD to YYYY-MM-DD) and some mandatory field checks. I have downloaded the ssisUnit framework and tried the example and it seems like it creates the tests based on the control flow tasks. I am new to this ssisUnit testing. Please advise me how I can use ssisUnit testing framework to automate unit testing for my application.

Thank you.
Amit
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM
As stated above, there isn't any functionality for testing individual components in a data flow yet. I'd like to add it, but haven't had time.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2009 at 5:29 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.